enveloped in pride


Dear my beloved followers,
Here is my week's work- a collection of envelopes I made by hand. I designed the envelope form on the computer and then cut each one out and pasted them together. They are made of old maps, paper bags from the grocery store and card stock.

I plan to sell these suckers on etsy and I figure my business will most likely morph into a Hallmark sized conglomerate that can dictate holidays. And what's the first holiday I will create? November 16th. This is my half birthday and, as of now, no one seems to celebrate this day in a way that seems appropriate. (I'm picturing a, kind of, Chinese New Year celebration in which people dress up as large, brightly colored, paper animals and shower each other with bite sized morsels of goat cheese and cups of fro yo.)

So far, I have made only ten envelopes. I am hoping production will speed up once I get over the 20 minute phase, after I make each envelope, of immense pride and self-adoration that requires me to gaze approvingly at the finished product and run and show it to my mom.