becoming a guerrilla gardener



May 1st is International Sunflower Guerrilla Gardening Day. I've been preparing by whipping up my own batch of "seed bombs" or, as some call them, "green grenades."

[If you aren't familiar with gardening as a guerrilla, here is a link to some key steps involved in the transition from pacifist to war lord:

This first batch consists of paper scraps leftover from the makings of my precious envelopes. I soaked the scraps in water for a couple days, then blended, added seeds and potting soil, and formed balls. They look rather meaty, which I find ironic.

I plan on making the next batch using clay soil as the binding agent. After a bit of research, I think clay has proven successful on a number of guerrilla missions throughout the world. Check out this how-to video from the original guerrilla, Richard Reynolds: